A Fathers Lesson

My father has many lessons that he aims to teach his children. They range anywhere from "How to Unload the Dishwasher Correctly" to "How to Clean the Bathroom in a Swift and Efficient Manner While Still Getting the Job Done ". Tonight he taught a very valuable lesson. While watching one of my favorite movies. . .



. . . . Sense and Sensibility he taught me how to win a husband. While watching the scene where Marianne


sprains her ankle and the knight in shining armor,


Willoughby, comes to her aid my father said to me
F: Leena pay close attention to this scene.
L: Uhhh why??
F: Because this is how to catch a husband.
L: Dad are you telling me I have to sprain my ankle to get married??
F: If thats what it takes then yes.
L: Ya ok dad i'll be sure to remember that.
F: Also remember you got to bat your eyes.

Thank you dad for lessons in how to gain a husband. I shall treasure it forever.

2 comments:

Kirsi said...

i can imagine just how dad would say that too. in a little bit of a higher pitched voice like a girl and also with a little bit of an accent. and then he would bat his eyes to show you how!

leena said...

nailed it